Saturday, May 27, 2023

Deep South Day Seven

 


Here we are on our last day of this trip.  The time always flies so quickly!  Today we’ll be traveling only stopping for rest breaks and refueling.

Martha let us know whenever we passed points of interest.  The Esh Memorial was to our right this time.  And Martha claimed Fort Knox was hidden in an area of green trees and rolling hills on the left.  The largest stash of gold in the world.  I’ll take her word for it since there was nothing to indicate it was there.

Lunch at Arby’s, more rolling down the road, more jokes, music, laughing, and story-telling.  We left home not knowing many of our fellow travelers.  We come home knowing a little something about all of them.  In fact I discovered I’m related to more than a few.  Meeting several more of my cousins reconfirmed to me that I come from good stock.  And how blessed I am!

As we near journey’s end the mic is making its rounds again with everyone sharing whatever last words they want to. We sang a heartfelt rendition of God Be With You Til We Meet Again, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one wondering if we would all meet again, on another trip perhaps. Or maybe not.

And now for the next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment